This is the one required student growth retraining course for principal and teacher evaluators who are renewing their designations required to evaluate staff. Evaluators will be required to participate in a pre-session webinar that will review Part 50 Administrative Rules as they relate to student growth. Participants will learn how to:
1. Use assessments and measurement models identified by the joint committee in determining the student growth attributable to individual teachers/principals and understand how different types of assessments are used for measuring growth;
2. Use data from the evaluation rubric, other evidence collected, and best practices relative to evaluating student growth to link teacher/principal and school-level professional development plans to evaluation results;
3. Create, in collaboration with teachers/principals, supportive, targeted professional development plans that consider past results, contribute to professional growth, and assist teachers/principals in aligning professional development and goal-setting to school improvement goals; and
4. Communicate evaluation outcomes and findings in constructive and supportive ways that enable teachers/principals to set goals and improve practice.
NOTE: Participants will have one week following the Academy to complete their A/D Component and send their completed E-Template to the presenter for review and comment.
- Coffee in the morning and a light lunch will be served - if you have special dietary needs, please let us know at least one week prior to the workshop.
A $50 Processing Fee Will Be Charged If Your Registration Is Not Cancelled By 07/29/2019.